Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Kudos to Toyota

Toyota hasn't been having a lot of fun these days, thanks to accelerator pedals that stick.  Every once in a while.  The company has received a ton of publicity that it probably doesn't want.

But think of it this way.  All car companies encounter quality problems.  That's true whether its Toyota, a company with a terrific reputation for quality, or any other automobile manufacturer.  Some of those quality problems turn out to be safety risks, some don't.  All a company can do is try to get out in front of it as quickly as possible, spare no expense and fix the problem.  It sounds like that is exactly what Toyota is doing.  Good on them.

(Full disclosure: Sun Country Toyota runs advertisements with CFJC.  This comment is not one of them.  I've upset advertisers before, though, so I don't feel too bad.)

(UPDATE - Feb.3): Since I wrote this comment, it turns out all may not be as it seems.  Yeesh.)

(ANOTHER UPDATE - Feb.4): I think it's probably time for me to take back what I said.  If Prius brake pedals are now faulty, that puts Hollywood stars at risk, and I simply can't tolerate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respectful comments are allowed here, in most respects. Either be respectful, or respect our right to remove your disrespect. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, respect is the key.